turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jasaron

need help with s corporation income tax

Hi 

I bought the 2017 TurboTax Business product but this is the first time that I've ever done business income taxes, since no one can help me over the phone, can someone help me with this here?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

the return is late. the s-corp return is over a year late and faces penalties of about $2400 for each shareholder.   since you evidently have little knowledge of what's involved with a S-Corp I suggest you see a pro.    you really need more help than can be provided on this forum.  for example, did you take a salary?  does your state require you to have workmen's compensation insurance?  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

the return is late. the s-corp return is over a year late and faces penalties of about $2400 for each shareholder.   since you evidently have little knowledge of what's involved with a S-Corp I suggest you see a pro.    you really need more help than can be provided on this forum.  for example, did you take a salary?  does your state require you to have workmen's compensation insurance?  

Carl
Level 15

Your 2019 corporate return was due March 15, 2020. There was no automatic extension for corporate returns due to the pandemic. Only personal 1040 tax returns.

The bottom line is, your late filing penalty is already several thousand dollars. More if your state also requires you to file a corporate return. You just don't have the time to deal with this in a text based communications media such as this forum. Seek professional help locally, yesterday if not sooner. Then if you want to tackle this next year with your 2020 corporate return, get started on it early so you have time. Corporate returns are due March 15th each year, and the late filing penalty is $200 per month for each owner/shareholder of the business.

jimgir1

I am trying to file State of Florida Income taxes, did this released 2021 tax forms?

@jimgir1 wrote:

I am trying to file State of Florida Income taxes, did this released 2021 tax forms?

The State of Florida does not levy an individual income tax.

Are you referring to the state corporate tax?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies