turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

llindze90

Issue with stimulus check

TurboTax issue
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

In the rush to get the stimulus payments out the IRS sent some payments to an account that may be closed, is no longer active, or unfamiliar. By law the financial institution must return the payment to the IRS.   

You can confirm the status of your stimulus payment at Get My Payment.   

• If it shows a direct deposit date and partial account information, then your payment is deposited there.  

• If it shows a date your payment was mailed, it may take up to 3 – 4 weeks for you to receive the payment. Watch your mail carefully for a check or debit card.   

• If it shows "Payment Status #2 – Not Available," then you will not receive a second Economic Impact Payment and instead you need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 Tax Return.  

If you paid for TurboTax with your refund last year, we have given the IRS your correct account information and you can expect the IRS to make a second attempt within the next few days.  

You can find the most up to date information at IRS Updates on the Second Stimulus and TurboTax Updates on the Second Stimulus.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ketphong

How come I only got the stimulus for myself. My last check it including myself and my child this time I did not get any stimulus for my child.

@Ketphong wrote:

How come I only got the stimulus for myself. My last check it including myself and my child this time I did not get any stimulus for my child.

Only the IRS controls when and if a stimulus payment is distributed.

Go to this IRS get my payment website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

If you do not receive any other stimulus payments by January 15, 2021, then the stimulus payment for which you are eligible to receive will be entered on your 2020 federal tax return as a tax credit on Form 1040 Line 30.

The TurboTax program will ask about stimulus payments in the Federal Review section of the program.

Javi1019

I would like to give you my new account number so my stimulus check can come through direct deposit please I received a message and I'm willing to give you some my new direct deposit account which is account number [phone number removed]1 routing number [social security number removed]

@Javi1019 wrote:

I would like to give you my new account number so my stimulus check can come through direct deposit please I received a message and I'm willing to give you some my new direct deposit account which is account number [phone number removed]1 routing number [social security number removed]

This is a public message board and is not the appropriate way to change direct deposit information.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for how to change your DD info - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/internal-revenue-service/help/update-your-stimulus-payment-direct-...

Alexis24
Returning Member

How do I change my account number. One digit is wrong for my account number. I think I have another account on file but not sure. 

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

Per the IRS, if your payment can’t be delivered to you for any reason (such as the stimulus payment being deposited into an account that is not yours), it will be returned to the IRS.

To get your payment reissued:

• Set up direct deposit with Get My Payment. After your payment is returned to the IRS, your payment status will update to “Need More Information.” You can then choose direct deposit to a:
    • Bank account
    • Prepaid debit card (must be reloadable; contact the card issuer for information)
    • Alternative financial products that have a routing and account number associated with them

@Alexis24

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies