turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I answer the question on Schedule C part K about the Net income allocable to qualified payments from agricultural or horticultural coop?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

32 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

How do I answer the question on Schedule C part K about the Net income allocable to qualified payments from agricultural or horticultural coop?

If you did not receive income from  agricultural or horticultural coop, try putting in a "0".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

'0' does NOT work

AlexanderS08
Expert Alumni

Have you tried to just leave it blank? Can you try removing the '0' and just clicking Continue?

Ross1774

Ive tried using 0---didn't work

Ive tried leaving blank---Didn't work

Nothing is working---How can I fix it

I have the same issue, it keeps erroring red. 0 or blank don't work. Anybody get this resolved?

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

It would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2019" file that is experiencing this issue.  You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information.  If you would like to do this, here are the instructions:

On your menu bar at the very top, click “Online” and then “Send Tax File to Agent”.  When you click to send, you will get a pop-up with a token number.  Reply with the token number and I’ll be able to open a TurboTax tax return with your numbers but not your personal information.  That may help diagnose the issue.

Cathy456

I'm having the same issue.  Did this get resolved?  If so, how?

Unfortunately I couldn’t figure it out. I ended up having to print my return and mail it in. Still waiting for federal return ....

acr1
Level 1

As with previous customers, I cannot file my taxes because of the question in Schedule C part K.  My business has nothing to do with an agricultural or horticultural coop.  I tried entering all the suggestions provided by TurboTax (nothing, 0.0, 0, and "0") and I keep getting the same error.  I've wasted a lot of time on this and like to know why TurboTax has not as yet provided a useful answer.

I’m glad to know I am not the only one ... I felt like I was doing something wrong - I’ve never filed my taxes on here using the business option before. I ended up printing my return and mailing it in....

acr1
Level 1

It is obvious that the problem we have described is due to a software error by Turbo Tax.  Schedule C is entirely filled out by Turbo Tax and the problematic data entry in Schedule C part K was put there by Turbo Tax software.  Turbo Tax software then rejected the data entry that it put in and thus prevented me and others from filing our taxes online.  Additionally, my business has nothing to do with with agriculture or horticulture and for me, the correct response to Schedule C part K is 0, which Turbo Tax rejects.  So far, it appears Intuit does not take this programming error seriously and sends silly responses that do not remotely solve this problem.  In order to file my taxes on time, I expect this to be solved this week.  Hopefully the IRS is auditing this forum.

VT20
Level 2

I see the solution says Solved. Is this really solved? If so, Can someone point me to the solution as I still get this error and unable to efile.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

After entering the information for your Schedule C, there is a Continue button at the bottom of the page.  When you Continue, you encounter a screen "Is this Qualified Business Income?".  When you choose the button Yes, the next screen is "Let's cover some uncommon situations". One of the boxes is "This business received Form 1099-PATR".  If you select that box, new boxes open up to enter your 1099-PATR amounts.

If you didn't have a 1099-PATR, you should check to make sure that none of those boxes have anything in them.  Check the box for 1099-PATR, make sure everything is blank (not zero), and then un-check the 1099-PATR box.

slynn0828

How do I go back and do this? I feel as though I have clicked through every screen?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies