Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Home office expense calculation

Good afternoon,

My tax return 2020 was audited. It was about an item on Schedule 1 (line 11): "Certain business expenses of reservists, performing artists, and fee-basis government officials. Attach Form 2106"

that I think comes from my home office expense, including the previous home office from my previous rented home as well as the new one, there was an overlap of time also. I check the tax return but didn't find the information about how the expense was calculated. Is there any idea where to find the information?

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

You may have made a big error since the Sch 1 line 11 requires a filing of the form 2106 which has nothing to do with an office in home form 8829.  If you were self employed then the OIH expenses on form 8829 goes on the Sch C not the Sch 1.    Save a PDF of the return that includes the worksheets to see where the info may have come from.  

Thank you. I'm not so sure about forms, but when adding expenses for each job in TurboTax online, there is a section that home offices are specified where you can put in the area of the office vs the area of the whole home, utilities, etc. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies