Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

I wrote back to the customer service rep who I was dealing with on my last comment here.  I asked her for an honest update since it's obvious the 3/4 deadline won't be met since it's now saying 3/6.  Here is the response I got:

I understand you concern regarding the expected release date for the Schedule C. I have reached out to our development team and here is the feedback I received. The Schedule C, Line 26 wages included is an issue because it needs From 3800 (General Business Credit) in order to make the proper calculations.  Another different Form 8881 flows into the Form 3800 that is also not finalized.  Which is causing a cascading effect. Form 8881 - not finalized, so
Form 3800 can't be finalized, and that "potentially flows" into
Schedule C, Line 26 calculations.

Ultimately the  ETA for Form 8881 and Form 3800 is March 6th per the Forms Availability Tool. You can click the availability link to review the availability of the forms and their release dates.

Thank you again for reaching out. 

Respectfully,

Racquel K
TurboTax Customer Care

At this point, I have no faith in TT at all.  I already started working with HR Block, it's been a simple process so far.  You can upload your 2022 forms and their software will enter in the fields for you.  I really suggest others change over, there's no end in sight for this problem to be fixed with TT and every one of us has recieved a different answer from their customer service team.  Best of luck to everyone.

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

I have been following this thread and I too am stuck - I’ve also used TT for 10 years and so far it’s been able to keep up with the added complexity without issues. 

Schedule C (Locums urologist): Wages Paid Schedule C --We're updating employee credits for small businesses and farms. We should have this ready by 03/06/2024--please check back with us then..

I’ve already paid for TT because I like to manually check the forms in the Print section, which requires payment. I am just waiting to e-file. 

Is this error happening to everyone with wages or just people who had pension plans reported on Schedule C? I reported pension plan contribution/expenses last year, but I have none this year. I try to delete that line in TurboTax but I can’t. 

I appreciate all of those that took the time to call this in and post... it is baffling.  I've used TT for 20 years and never had issues with two small business Schedule Cs.  I don't understand why we can't overide the wages input figure since we know there is no credit available (I looked at the IRS form on their website).  It usually allows this and it is at your own risk.  It's been two weeks of checking and getting the date bumped out as everyone has reported.  Perhaps IT at TT needs to provide a work around solution for those comfortable with that.  

Theoneandonlysm,

It can't be any simpler than the wages we paid. Occasional, worker no benefits, no covid programs, nothing complex at all. So , yes everybody.  

Hi, it's Feb 29th and now the date has been extended AGAIN! When will this be resolved? Why can't we have the option to move past the review and proceed with e-filing?

It finally allowed me to efile this morning.  It appears to be fixed at least on my end.

Looks like it has ben FIXED! I was just able to efile both Federal and State. Woohoo!

Did you do anything special? I'm still getting the error.

I did not do anything special. Someone else posted this morning they were able to efile so I logged in and went through the review process for both Federal and State and then to file.

I just went and tried and was able to file. Not sure what the issue is on your end but maybe try again later today. I have been waiting since Jan 30 to file. 

It just worked for me after updating:)

Same I just went through the review process and was able to file 

I was also able to file this morning!  This still doesn't fix the issues I now have with TT, but at least my taxes are done!    

Can also confirm I was now able to e-file federal and state returns successfully.  Appears the error has been fixed, just in time for the increase in e-file fees too.  

Yes! I was also able to file. A big thanks to everyone on this thread for applying pressure to get this resolved. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies