Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

I am having the same error and CA return is due 3/16. When will there be a fix to this?

help: cannot file because of schedule C error: employee credits for small businesses

I've had the exact same issue and it's moved from the 24th, to the 28th, now it's March 3rd... How long is this going to linger? Such a disgrace.

Now it says March 3rd...

Level 1

I Just Sent the CEO an email. Please do likewise so we can put some Pressure to bear on the problem to get fixed ASAP rather than March 3rd

Here is the CEO's name and email addresss: Sasan Goodarzi  [removed]

This is the email I sent to the CEO

Schedule C Payroll problem. Turbo Tax not letting me and hundreds of thousands of other small business file.

Hi CEO Goodarzi:

This is the error message at we are all getting at Turbo Tax: "Wages Paid Schedule C-- We're updating employee credits for small businesses and farms. We should have this ready by 03/03/2024--please check back with us then."

At first it was 02/20/2024, but you keep extending the date by which you say it will be fixed.

I have been ready to file for almost 2 weeks but this software problem is preventing me from doing so.

Are you aware that YOU ARE keeping small businesses from filing? And that the fix for this glitch keeps getting POSTPONED?

This is NOT an IRS Problem.

So, what's the hold up?"

As CEO, you should get this fixed yesterday. So, please will you get it fixed within the next business day and not in another 12 days?

Thanks,

[phone number removed]

is ceo email : [removed]  ?

thanks

Problem is it will probably take 12+ days before the CEO sees the email. 
The other unfortunate thing is no one from TurboTax has replied in this thread trying to help. 
Better business bureau may be hearing from me soon. 
let us file. 

I think so from my Google search. 

I tried to wait but turned out it's faster to switch to HR. End up redo lot of my tax into HR come back here and it hasn't been resolved yet lmao

aim wall
Returning Member

Is February 28th still the update date that is going to fix this issue?  Please advise

I can see holding up if you try to enter a line for a credit. No reason to hold up the process for straight forward no deduction, no credit data.

Still waiting multiple weeks after being ready to file. This is getting insane that I have to wait for a form that does not affect my business. The date I'm showing is now 3/3 after being pushed back many many times already.

This is the same issue I have, the date is always a week ahead, now it’s 3/3/24. When will this stop? I’m not sure I will ever use TurboTax again. I’m thinking of just going and paying someone to do them. This is outrageous and a waste of my time as a business owner. 

I have sent an email as well. Let us know if she responds! Thx

I'm having the same issue as of today. Customer support could not figure it out, and this credit will not apply to me anyhow. I had today to get my taxes done and paid. Now I have a 60 hour work week, major home repairs next weekend, and then have to prepare my dad's taxes the weekend after that. This is ridiculous. There should be a work around for this.

Have this issue as well, waited for the 20th, was waiting for the 28th, but now it seems I’m waiting for  03/04/2024. I would have made some good interest on the refund I’ve been waiting a month to file. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies