Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Doing KS taxes, says "some areas arent ready for your specific tax situation". KS individual form "Schedule S" - Supplemental Schedule. What is it and why 25 day wait?

Don't remember seeing the "Schedule S" on prior taxes. Tried reading up on that schedule - no clues there...ugh!  Thanks! 🙂
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Doing KS taxes, says "some areas arent ready for your specific tax situation". KS individual form "Schedule S" - Supplemental Schedule. What is it and why 25 day wait?

It depends. According to ks revenue, there are items of income that are not taxed or included on your Federal return but are taxable to Kansas. Please click on the ks revenue link for a list of these income items.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Lots of state forms are not yet ready.  Sounds like one you need is not yet ready.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

There is no rush to file.   The IRS will not be accepting e-files until the end of January or early February.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
SusanY1
Expert Alumni

As @xmasbaby0 points out, many state forms (and quite a number of federal forms) are not yet ready - either because the state has not yet finalized them, the state has not approved them yet for use in TurboTax, or the programmers are still working on the form.  

If you'd like to take a look at Kansas "Schedule S" you can find it HERE.  You can also take a look at the form instructions as well Kansas Schedule S instructions.

aboston22

Neither response answers the original question. 
I also file a state tax return with KS and have been advised I need to wait for the Kansas Schedule S form. 
The question is, why would I need to file a Schedule S form for Kansas this year? The information regarding the form doesn't specify why I would need to file that form, when I never have before?

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. According to ks revenue, there are items of income that are not taxed or included on your Federal return but are taxable to Kansas. Please click on the ks revenue link for a list of these income items.

Thanks so much - I went over the list from the link you sent, none of them apply as far as I can tell, ugh.  I'll just wait and see what happens...it is, after all....KANSAS! lol thanks!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies