Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rtm88ou

Does TurboTax business have Ohio partnership tax return? Is not listed on form availability after getting the federal submission but tt says i need to file state

ohio is not listed as business partnership product in the categories after i finished my federal filing

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
AmandaR1

Does TurboTax business have Ohio partnership tax return? Is not listed on form availability after getting the federal submission but tt says i need to file state

Did you buy the state? All state's are separate with the business software.
rtm88ou

I am attempting to and turbo tax business is saying i need to file ohio tax, it is not a selectable state.
rtm88ou

Its an llc
rtm88ou

any follow up on this?  Have had no luck and have called TT, they said forms would be ready on 23rd, still having no luck

I am having the same issue.

I raised this issue with TurboTax on Feb 3rd and have made a total of 4 calls about it, 2 of which were over an hour long. I've had 2 promises of forms being ready by certain dates, which hasnt happened. I've TurboTax for Business for nearly 10 years. This will probably be my last purchase of the product.
I need to get my filing done so I am going to look for an alt product or go to a local account - and spend more money that I should not have to spend!
rtm88ou

chetrojicejr, I have gotten the same run around, latest info I have been told is March 2nd, this has been the 3rd date I have been given.  I am in the same boat where I might be switching products as deadline seems to come close and I am not trying to file an extension because it takes 3 months for the state and TT to figure out which forms are appropriate.  I have spent ~3-6 hours on the phone with them and there has been zero tangible response on this thread

The most frustrating thing to me is that partnership isn't even listed as a form they're planning to deliver. At least TT could confirm or deny that they'll provide. Otherwise I'm hanging in the balance and crawling through the forums every day.

Rick18744, thank you for replying. I know the technicalities to which you refer. The TT software referred specifically to "Ohio Partnership" being needed, which was not available to purchase, and there was no way to continue the return at that point. This was the big issue we were all struggling with, and getting no help on.

Finally, the issue is fixed, though I received no notification from TurboTax - bad on them.

All that said, fellow users that were having the same trouble as me;

Open your TurboTax for Business, allow the software to update. One of the updates is Ohio Pass-Through, dated 3-1-18. This should allow you to continue your return, using the information that Rick refers to in his post.

Has anyone been able to purchase the 2017 Ohio composite tax form IT-4708.  when I try to purchase it, Ohio returns are not listed as an option to purchase

No I haven’t. None of these options suggested by others have helped me make progress. No updates from TT on timetable. Frustration continues.
rtm88ou

I called in to TT and spoke to numerous people and got varying accounts of information. I then called the state irs for info and what i gathered (im not a tax cpa) is that tt does not have/support all the needed forms for my situation.  As a multi member llc whose business is in ohio and i live in another state, i need to file an “it 4708” IF you have a net gain... no form needed if you have a loss. Due to this shortcomig i think its a bit mistepresentation when tt business informs me that it can file my ohio taxes, that stament is false... again from what i have gathered bc tt doesnt respond to this thread.

I am not sure what anyone has been told, however, Ohio does not have a per se partnership tax return.

What Ohio does have are returns for nonresident partners; Form IT-1140 withholding and the IT-4708.  Having said that, I don't know the timing of these forms for TT or if they are even available through TT.

The IT-1140 is the form that withholds and remits Ohio withholding on nonresident partners.  The partners then must file an individual Ohio tax return and claim their respective withholdings on that return.

The IT-4708 is an Ohio composite tax return.  Here the partnership files this return and pays the tax for those nonresident partners included.  With this filing, the nonresident partners do not have to file a separate individual Ohio tax return.

Here is a link to some FAQ's on the above forms:

https://www.tax.ohio.gov/pass_through_entities/faqs/pte.aspx

Partnerships doing business in Ohio may need to file the Ohio CAT return.  This form must be completed online through the Ohio web portal.

https://www.tax.ohio.gov/commercial_activities.aspx

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.
yjej1

Guys -

This has been a continuing problem with Turbo Tax and the state of OH.  OH does not have an equivalent of the IRS 1065 and this is why TurboTax does not support it.  I currently use the PDF fill in forms on the Ohio Dept of Taxation site.  It is straight forward if all of the LLC members live in OH.  Just fill out the OH K-1's for each member.  Make sure that you register your LLC with the OH department of Taxation, there is a form for this, and submit them to the OH department of Taxation and the the member.  It is more difficult if you have members that are not residents of OH.  You then need to fill out an OH IT 1140 and possibly an OH IT 2210. 

I hope this is helpful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies