Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Lore
Level 1

Business Income

When I do my federal taxes my business income shows up as number A. When I do my state taxes, the business income is doubled. I see this at the beginning of the state review: "Don't worry if you see double-taxed income as you go through your PA return. Later on we'll help you get cred that offsets paying double taxes." I have now completed my state return but the 'double' was not removed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Business Income

Could you please tell us what state you are working on so we can look at the forms to see how they work?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Business Income

Could you please tell us what state you are working on so we can look at the forms to see how they work?

Lore
Level 1

Business Income

Yes! MD and PA. We live in PA but earned income in MD? My question is for the PA tax.

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Business Income

I went through the Pennsylvania (PA) tax program in TurboTax and I didn't see an opportunity to enter business income in addition to what is on the federal return. Do you mean the business income is included in Maryland and PA? If so , that is how the state returns work. To compensate for that, you receive a credit on your your PA return for that tax pain in Maryland.

So, the income is supposed to appear on Maryland and PA tax returns, but you get credit on your PA return against you PA tax for the income tax paid in Maryland. So, you are not getting double taxed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies