turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

8453-PE signature not showing

I’ve followed the instructions for printing, signing and  uploading form 8453-PE, however, when I view my return before transmitting it, this form is not signed.  Is there a fix for this?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

The signed form should be saved somewhere on your computer.

The list of forms always shows the unsigned 8453.

Thank you.  It is saved on my computer.  

When I view my saved return I should be able to see the signature.  I can see it on my 2022.  return.  

Additionally, TurboTax says I can view it under “Attachments” found in the upper right corner of the screen.  The word “Attachments” doesn’t appear anywhere in the window.

No, the program does not save the signed form in the saved file; your form is saved separately, as a single, signed form that was uploaded into the program.

I understand that it is difficult to grasp, but that is simply a matter of the program's functionality (or lack thereof).

turbotax business 2023 didn't show the signed and scanned f8453-PE in its print preview. Don't waste your time trying either to incorporate the form or locate Attachments in the upper right corner. Both entities are invisibile to the taxpayer. Hope turbotax team will fix (or explain) the problem.

@borismytax wrote:

turbotax business 2023 didn't show the signed and scanned f8453-PE in its print preview.

The program does NOT show the signed and scanned form in the preview. The signed and scanned form is saved on your computer as a separate file. If you want to view it, then simply open that file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies