Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 Turbo Tax Business Failing to Import 2018 Partners

This is happening to me also. None of the data from previous years has transferred, even though it says it has.

I plan to try H&R Block software.

I did update my 2018 software. Not sure what you mean by "re-did my 2018 tax return", but I still don't see last year's data in the 2019 return.

@hdfxrs wrote:

This is happening to me also. None of the data from previous years has transferred, even though it says it has.

What did not transfer? All of the data or just the partner/member/shareholder information? Are you using TurboTax Business and, if so, what type of return are you preparing?

As noted in my earlier response

All the data, including partner information. Using Turbotax Business for a LLC for my rental properties. Have used for about 10 years now.

@hdfxrs wrote:

All the data, including partner information. Using Turbotax Business for a LLC for my rental properties. Have used for about 10 years now.

I understand, but I believe this issue arose with 2018 returns. 

Could be. When I open last year's Turbotax it says that my return has not been efiled. I have receipts from last year that say it has. I let the updates go thru, but nothing seems to have changed.

Did you start a new return from the beginning or just re-enter the values in your existing file?

Does anyone know if you enter the "new" partners in your 2019 return if you can later remove the indication that ownership has changed and it is not the first year these partners have filed with the company?  If so, this might be a work around.

I have not tried to start a new return. That would be a big job. Would rather try different software, maybe H&R Block.

@Amiller1 wrote:

Does anyone know if you enter the "new" partners in your 2019 return if you can later remove the indication that ownership has changed and it is not the first year these partners have filed with the company?  If so, this might be a work around.

It has been reported, by at least one user, that partners and information relating to them could not be edited if this issue exists as a result of the transfer.

Turbo Tax Staff: Please provide a solution or work around.  I have tried the suggestions to date and none worked.  Tax day is approaching and I need to know if can stay with Turbo Tax or start over with a different product.

@Amiller1 wrote:

Turbo Tax Staff: Please provide a solution or work around.  I have tried the suggestions to date and none worked.  

Did you review your 2018 return in the 2018 version of TurboTax Business?

Yes. It said I didn’t file an efile return, but I did.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies