turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

westcoastin510
Returning Member

No longer doing Ebay sales as self employed. Had a regular job for 2023. Do I delete schedule C or enter 0?

starting november 2022 I stopped selling on ebay reselling goods as self employment. I started a regular wage paying job that gives me a w2. For 2023 taxes I have no 1099s for ebay sales or 0 sales. My self employment business still shows up in turbo tax. Do I delete the self employment business on turbo tax or do I still file schedule C but put the sales amount at 0? Thanks for the help

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

No longer doing Ebay sales as self employed. Had a regular job for 2023. Do I delete schedule C or enter 0?

So if you stopped the business and had no sales or other income you may drop or delete the business in TurboTax .  So you don't need to file a Schedule C.  If you had any business expenses paid in 2023 related to your 2022 sales you may want to keep you Schedule C showing $0 sales and then the expenses from 2022 paid in 2023.    Otherwise drop or delete the Schedule C in TurboTax.  Hope this hepls

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

As long as you have no income or expenses to report in 2023 for the business that you stopped operating in 2022, then you can delete the Schedule C from your 2023 tax return.  

The exception to this would be if you had Assets entered as part of the business on which you were claiming depreciation or had claimed a special depreciation deduction or Section 179 deduction.  If that is the case, then you must dispose of those Assets through the Schedule C instead of simply deleting the form.  

@westcoastin510 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies