Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Multiple Tax IDs

During the year I switched from using my SSN to an EIN for my sole prop. business.  Amazon has issued two 1099s, one for each.  How do I note this on my Schedule C filing for my business, or since my return has my SSN, do just use the EIN for my business info?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Multiple Tax IDs

Yes, you can enter the EIN in your Schedule C business under 'Your Service Income Info', the 'Payments and identification'.  Both 1099s belong to your business so the important action is to include all of the income on your Schedule C business. You can enter the 1099-NEC itself, or you can simply include the income 'Other self-employment income...'.

• Search (upper right magnifier) > Type Schedule C > Use the Jump to... link > Edit beside your business > Scroll to 'Business Summary' > Select 'Your Service Info'

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Multiple Tax IDs

Yes, you can enter the EIN in your Schedule C business under 'Your Service Income Info', the 'Payments and identification'.  Both 1099s belong to your business so the important action is to include all of the income on your Schedule C business. You can enter the 1099-NEC itself, or you can simply include the income 'Other self-employment income...'.

• Search (upper right magnifier) > Type Schedule C > Use the Jump to... link > Edit beside your business > Scroll to 'Business Summary' > Select 'Your Service Info'

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies