wenbinwang

K1 1065 box 13 other deductions code w with a $6 amount, and no description was provided to me. What do you do when no description is provided?

I have called the company who issued me the K1, and they don’t know the answer. TurboTax software ask me if any of these item apply to code W, I didn’t check any of these item or provide a description. Would that be a issue?  More background, I received this K1 because I was invested in. Partnership investment tickers USO

TerryA

An "Other deduction" amount like that requires detail to be provided in TT. You apparently have no way of finding out what that amount represents so the easiest thing to do is not enter it at all in Box 13, especially since it's such a small amount.