turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

K-1 Box 13 Code C still under development?

Since Schedule K-1 finally became available, it is saying that Schedule K-1 Box 13 Code C is currently under development.  It was originally supposed to be available last week and then was changed to "by March 6th."  It is March 7th and it still indicates the March 6th date (I'm using the online version).  This is the only thing preventing me from filing and I'm beyond frustrated.  When will this be available?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

37 Replies

I am having the same issue.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

The IRS made significant changes in Schedule K-1 for tax year 2023, adding dozens of new codes for several boxes, including new requirements for Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions, which affect Schedule K- 1 Box 12 Code C.

Our programmers have been working to implement those changes for personal returns, connecting the new codes to appropriate Form 1040 lines and forms. Form 8283 is estimated to be ready by March 20, 2024

Because updates are released after business hours Pacific time, we recommend you wait to update your software the next day, run Review again.

@MichiganFBGal 

@beachbum420 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kru21

Thank you for the update.  I hope it gets done promptly, as I am sure none of the users want to pay fines for late submittals.

Same here. Taxes are done. Just now waiting on TurboTax to allow me to file them but I can’t until this gets updated/fixed, etc. 

Waiting for this issue to be resolved ASAP! This is holding me up from doing my E-File!

Any word on if this is coming out tomorrow? Would really like to finish my taxes using the software I purchased before tax deadline…..

This is getting ridiculous, TurboTax.  Still shows this morning (March 20th) as under development.  I've been waiting a month now to file my taxes.  I would use another service if I hadn't already paid TT.  After over 20 years of using TT, I can safely say this is my last.

@PatriciaV 

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

The work-around for this issue is to omit your K-1 entry for Box 13 Code C. Instead, enter it directly into the charitable contributions section under Deductions and Credits on your federal return. This is where the amount would eventually be reported if the code was working.

@Jpack207 

@MichiganFBGal 

@Jholl318

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

that's an unacceptable answer.  Fix the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...Th K-1 portion of TT needs to be fixed

jzp5783

It is still not going through and it’s March 20th. Any update on this?

I have checked box 13 and have Code A) Cash Contributions 60% and code C) Noncash contributions (50%).   When I go to Deductions and Credits it does show this information is showing up under the Donations to Charity in 2023 although I still get the error that Code C is still under development. If I omit  the box 13 Code C as suggested and try to add it manually to the donations section, I have no clue how to add this.  I have a form 8283 and it says my employer made millions of dollars in mutual fund donations spread over six mutual funds to a charity foundation in their own name. I have no clue how I would be able to enter this in the Donations section.  Of the millions of dollars in donations to the six mutual foundations, my share then according to box 13 code C is a only $20.   I dont see how there is an plausible way to enter this information manually based on the options I am given.

It's March 20th and we will don't have a fix!?!?  This is beyond absurd.  The excuse of "literally hundreds of changes" would fly if millions weren't giving Intuit billions of dollars to take care of things like this! 

Hello It's march 21st and I have updated turbo tax. TT even prompted me to restart after the updates. It still says Box C Non Cash Contributions is still unavailable. 

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I've been waiting 6 weeks to file my taxes 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies