turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does Turbo tax Business efile CA FORM 568 for single member LLC or only for multi member LLC? I'm hearing different answers on that

Downloaded TT home and Business and it won't efile CA Form 568 for single member LLC. They now have to be efiled! Will TurboT business be able to efile for Single member? On the box cover it says "multi member LLC" and I read somewhere it doesnt efile Single member CA form 568. Before I purchase another turbo tax I want to make sure it efiles single member LL Form 568

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

96 Replies

Does Turbo tax Business efile CA FORM 568 for single member LLC or only for multi member LLC? I'm hearing different answers on that

TurboTax Business only handles the multi-member LLC, not single-member. If you are using TurboTax Home & Business desktop version or Self-Employed online version, the Form 568 has to be printed and mailed. Form 568 for single-member LLC's can't be e-filed in any of the TurboTax product versions. The State of California’s Franchise Tax Board will allow you a waiver based on a few reasons, and due to technology constraints of the software you are using, you can request the e-file waiver.

So go here https://www.ftb.ca.gov/professionals/busefile/Business_eFile_Waiver_Request.asp and request an e-file waiver so that you can paper file this form since the software version you are using won't allow e-file for it. 

You will then print and mail Form 568 to this address:

FRANCHISE TAX BOARD 
PO BOX 942857 
SACRAMENTO CA 94257-0501

@TurboTaxAndreaC1  There have been several posts here lately about this, as the users say that CA requires that this form be e-filed. Thanks for the explanation.

Geez, finally an answer! Thank you so much, Andrea. It's mind boggling and frustrating that Turbo tax is selling a product that doesnt accommodate this.

@jp4343 you are most welcome! Glad I could help in some way. And @SweetieJean you are welcome!

I would love to have e-filing supported for form 568 as well.
jake5

I would love to have eFiling form 568 supported in turbotax online! For single member LLCs, we would otherwise have to buy a third party tax software just to file that one form. It seems like turbotax business doesn't even have it....
jake5

Does anyone know where the paper 568 form can be found, once you are granted an efile waiver?

@TurboTaxAndreaC1 Turbo Tax Home and Business does not seem to be generating a paper form 568 to be mailed in? Finished my full return and it's not included anywhere.

@jake here is link for the paper form 568 <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2017/17_568.pdf">https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2017/17_568.pdf</a> and @kylenash48 did you get this resolved? If not, what type of LLC do you have (single member or multi-member)?

Thank you.  I followed your link and requested a waiver due to technology constraints of Turbotax Home and Business software and FTB accepted immediately.
zebediiah

I filled out the turbo tax self employed and it did include form 568 but it looks like you have to separately mail the LLC tax voucher (form 3522) along w/ an $800 check/money order to the franchise tax board.

After reviewing my return, turbo tax included a cutout form 3522 filled in with all the pertinent info in the the copy of my submitted return
zebediiah

I filled out the turbo tax self employed and it did include form 568 but it looks like you have to separately mail the LLC tax voucher (form 3522) along w/ an $800 check/money order to the franchise tax board.

After reviewing my return, turbo tax included a cutout form 3522 filled in with all the pertinent info in the the copy of my submitted return
fhds

The fact that Turbo Tax Home and Business doesn't e-file California form 568 for "disregarded entities" such as my single member LLC is a real problem! I was talking with FTB about another issue and I was told that they had not received my 568 for 2016 AND 2017 and that I may now need to pay penalties and interest for filing late! Naturally I'm extremely unhappy about this. Taking care of my business e-filings was a major consideration when I purchased TT. If TT can't perform this function for CA, there should be a BIG, RED Flag/warning/disclaimer. Intuit may owe me some serious $$.
Daryl

I concur with the last comment.  Why would one purchase TT and it not be able to eFile the correct state forms?  How hard can it be to create the proper forms?  But, more importantly, why does TT recognize what forms are required for the specific LLC and business situation.  The fact that TT creates and files Form 565 when it should be Form 568 is problematic and an issue that Intuit should be held accountable to fixing, bith through programming and recoupment of fees and penalties.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies