Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

debbyrice

In Turbootax Business how do I uncheck the "Last year for Shareholders to hold shares" box?

This is not a final return and there is only one shareholder.  How would the box get checked?  The K-1 is printing as final and that is not correct.  The program appears unresponsive for that box only.  I can check and uncheck the other boxes and change any of the shareholder info but not the

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

In Turbootax Business how do I uncheck the "Last year for Shareholders to hold shares" box?

"In Turbotax Business how do I uncheck the "Last year for Shareholders to hold shares" box?"

Try entering Forms Mode (click the Forms icon in the upper right side of the screen), open the K-1 and uncheck the "Final K-1" box directly on your K-1 (see screenshot).

[note that I removed your attachment since it contained personally identifying information] 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

"In Turbotax Business how do I uncheck the "Last year for Shareholders to hold shares" box?"

Try entering Forms Mode (click the Forms icon in the upper right side of the screen), open the K-1 and uncheck the "Final K-1" box directly on your K-1 (see screenshot).

[note that I removed your attachment since it contained personally identifying information] 

Were you able to get this resolved?  I have discovered the same problem now because it lead to problems in loading my 2019 data and can not uncheck that box or determine how the box got checked in the first place.  Been on the phone with support but they could not resolve it either after 40 minutes of discussion and screen sharing.

I contacted Support yesterday with the same issue, and they had to raise it further to their Product and Development team.

I received the following response today, which worked:

"Here are steps to correct this:
1. Click Forms on the upper-right hand side
2. On left-hand side click on "Ownership % Wks"
3. Down at the bottom click on delete form
4. Click Yes
5. Now on the upper right-hand side click Step-by-Step
6. Now click on Business Info
7. Click Shareholder Information
And click Edit on the shareholder and the check mark should be gone."

Hope this helps!

That's exactly what I did and it worked.  Thanks for the follow up.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies