turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wjdunn3

I have a 2018 two member LLC treated as S-corp....When starting my business tax return in TTB, do I pick Multi-Mbr LLC or S-Corp as the business entity?

Need to know how to start my return in Turbo Tax Business (TTB).  My two Mbr LLC is treated as an S-Corp (granted by IRS), so when I start my return in TTB I am asked "What Type of Business Entity or you?"...Do I pick Multi-Member LLC (Form 1065) or S Corporation (Form 1120S)?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

I have a 2018 two member LLC treated as S-corp....When starting my business tax return in TTB, do I pick Multi-Mbr LLC or S-Corp as the business entity?

If you have elected to be treated as an SCorp, then select SCorp as that question specifies the type of tax return (Form 1120S) that will be created.

See more information here:  https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/llc-filing-as-a-corporation-or-partner...

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JulieCo

If you have elected to be treated as an SCorp, then select SCorp as that question specifies the type of tax return (Form 1120S) that will be created.

See more information here:  https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/llc-filing-as-a-corporation-or-partner...

If this is your first S-Corp return then getting professional help for at least the initial return is highly suggested ... and I hope you put the corp on extension as it was due last Friday.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies