Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jflawson

I have 1099-MISC block 3 other income but I do not need a Schedule C. How do I eliminate the Schedule C requirement when I do the Federal Review?

I returned to Wages and Income and (Temp) deleted the 1099-Misc Block 3 Other Income but the review still requires filling out a schedule C
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JBH0
Level 2

I have 1099-MISC block 3 other income but I do not need a Schedule C. How do I eliminate the Schedule C requirement when I do the Federal Review?

if you go back to the "Step by Step" where you entered the 1099 Misc data, if you answered the following questions as follows:

"Did the XXXX involve work that's like your main job" >>>answer No. 

Did the XXXXX involve the intent to earn money">>>>answer No

That should bypass the schedule C and go straight to 1040 line 21.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JBH0
Level 2

if you go back to the "Step by Step" where you entered the 1099 Misc data, if you answered the following questions as follows:

"Did the XXXX involve work that's like your main job" >>>answer No. 

Did the XXXXX involve the intent to earn money">>>>answer No

That should bypass the schedule C and go straight to 1040 line 21.

jflawson

These steps are necessary and should also include that you do not expect to receive Misc income in the following year.  
If you had previously input your 1099-MISC data and didn't answer this way TT creates a Schedule C.  Even after you remove the previous 1099-MISC input and re-input with these answers the old Schedule C remains and you get errors when you do the review.  You need to open up Forms and remove the old Schedule C.  Then your can proceed with the 1099-Misc Block C income shown on 1040 Line 21.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies