Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Liisa0

I used TT to prep my 2022 return and I want to see the calculation or supporting schedule that TT used to determine my Sch E depreciation. Can someone help me find it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I used TT to prep my 2022 return and I want to see the calculation or supporting schedule that TT used to determine my Sch E depreciation. Can someone help me find it?

The Online version only gives you Form 4562.  Form 4562 is just a Summary of the Depreciation for the current year and doesn't list the items.

If you need to see the details, You need to use the Desktop program. Using the Desktop program you can get an Asset Life History worksheet but you have to do it in Forms Mode, click Forms in the upper right (upper left for Mac)  You can't get detailed worksheet showing all the assets but you can get the Asset Life History on each one. It doesn't print out with your return or save in the pdf.  So you have to print each Asset Life History individually.

Scroll down the list of forms in your return to a Asset Entry or Asset Worksheet and open it.  Then down on line 14 is a QuickZoom button to Asset Life History, Click on that.

If you have the Desktop program or switch to it, see my 2 screenshots on this one to get the depreciation schedule for each Asset.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/how-come-my-rental-depreciation-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies