rpacheco2

I stopped doing freelance work January 2018, but Turbo tax keeps taking me back to the schedule C to complete and asks me to upgrade? how do I get past this?

MichaelL1

If there is no income or expenses for the business for 2017, then delete the Sch C as it is not needed.

If there are some income and expenses, just list those amounts and do not enter $0's as sometimes a $0 entry will result in more questions.  So just leave the rest blank if no expense or income amount is needed for those boxes. 

MichaelL1

Do you mean Jan 2017?  If no business income and expenses for business in 2017, then no Sch C needed.
rpacheco2

Sorry, yes 2017.  So it looks like I can populate the schedule c manually with Zero values. I think that will work?
MichaelL1

rpacheco2

Perfect! Yes I did find where I can delete the unnecessary Schedule C forms.  Thanks again!