turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rpacheco2

I stopped doing freelance work January 2018, but Turbo tax keeps taking me back to the schedule C to complete and asks me to upgrade? how do I get past this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I stopped doing freelance work January 2018, but Turbo tax keeps taking me back to the schedule C to complete and asks me to upgrade? how do I get past this?

If there is no income or expenses for the business for 2017, then delete the Sch C as it is not needed.

If there are some income and expenses, just list those amounts and do not enter $0's as sometimes a $0 entry will result in more questions.  So just leave the rest blank if no expense or income amount is needed for those boxes. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Do you mean Jan 2017?  If no business income and expenses for business in 2017, then no Sch C needed.
rpacheco2

Sorry, yes 2017.  So it looks like I can populate the schedule c manually with Zero values. I think that will work?

If there is no income or expenses for the business for 2017, then delete the Sch C as it is not needed.

If there are some income and expenses, just list those amounts and do not enter $0's as sometimes a $0 entry will result in more questions.  So just leave the rest blank if no expense or income amount is needed for those boxes. 

rpacheco2

Perfect! Yes I did find where I can delete the unnecessary Schedule C forms.  Thanks again!
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies