turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I paid LLC fee and annual tax when filing the return, but now I received a letter from California FTB that I still owe these

I received a FTB 5949 form saying that I owe tax for 2021, basically it's the LLC Fee and LLC annual tax ($3,300 in total) and the penalties. However, I paid these when I filed the return in February 2022 with TurboTax Business. What should I do now? 

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I paid LLC fee and annual tax when filing the return, but now I received a letter from California FTB that I still owe these

Send back proof of payment to the state in response to their notice.  

Thank you for your help. I tried to call their provided phone number nearly 10 times but could not reach them. The address I saw on the notice is the PO Box address of FTB, is it the right one I should sent my proof?

Thanks again for your time.

Read the notice carefully ... there must be instructions on how to respond if you don't agree.  

And when you send the response letter:

• Include a copy of the letter you received
  • As @Critter-3 noted include copies of what ever documentation you have reflecting payment.
    • This may include a screen shot of a CC receipt if this was the method of payment
    • Screen shot of a bank statement reflecting the withdrawal.
  • When sending your response letter, make sure you send the letter certified mail return receipt requested.  This is key since it is basically your insurance policy that you timely responded should verification be needed.
*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.
Also keep in mind the date of replies, as tax law changes.

Thanks a lot. I followed your guide and sent them all. Hopefully it will work. The notice I received did not have instruction if you don't agree, it just had a phone number and website to pay the owe. Thanks again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies