Solved: I own a C corp with a tax year from October 1 to September 30th. Does your TurboTax business software work for businesses that are not on a calendar year?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
btroxel

I own a C corp with a tax year from October 1 to September 30th. Does your TurboTax business software work for businesses that are not on a calendar year?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
VolvoGirl
Level 15

I own a C corp with a tax year from October 1 to September 30th. Does your TurboTax business software work for businesses that are not on a calendar year?

Yes.  I believe you have to use the program for the year your return starts.  So you need to use the 2016 program for October 2016 - Sept 2017.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Critter
Level 15

yes it does fiscal years and yes you need the tax program for the year your fiscal year starts as VG stated
VolvoGirl
Level 15

Yes.  I believe you have to use the program for the year your return starts.  So you need to use the 2016 program for October 2016 - Sept 2017.

View solution in original post

TaxGuyBill
Level 9

I agree.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings