dbutts2010

I'm receiving an error on the DC form. The error is D-40WH Hidden: Payor Name 1 has too many characters. How do I fix this?

TeresaM

Other filers have seen this message in the Washinton DC return.

Click on the Federal Taxes tab.    

Click on Wages and Income.

Select Edit/add for your W-2.    

For Box C-Employer Name, make the name shorter from the end.(This will not affect the tax calculations) The tax authority will be matching the number against the beginning characters of the name.

Select Continue.    

Go back to the top and select Review and Check My Info. If the new name is short enough,  you should get the message, "You’re good to go! Ready to file."  

dolphinfanosu

TeresaM

Click on the Federal Taxes tab.    

Click on Wages and Income.

Select Edit/add for your W-2.    

Select Continue.    

dbutts2010

Thanks, but that didn't work as I have a 1099-R that I'm working with. I tried shortening the name, but it didn't help.
TeresaM

It may help to shorten the name from the end, to under 10 characters, as the tax authority will be matching the first few characters against the Employer ID number.  Also, if you imported the 1099-R originally, try deleting it and select to Enter it Myself.  If there was something on the import triggering the error message, that will work around the problem.