turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I just read that I don't have to report inventory if I make less than $1M in sales, but when I try to remove the info from TurboTax, it doesn't do anything.

There is currently a number in the inventory field for 2017, I try to delete it but nothing happens, the number is still showing up.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

I just read that I don't have to report inventory if I make less than $1M in sales, but when I try to remove the info from TurboTax, it doesn't do anything.

Yes, in addition to removing the inventory balances, you should also uncheck the box for "My business carries an inventory." This is found on the page "Tell Us More About Your Business" in the Business Profile section.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I can't find this section. If I go to the business section, click "inventory" there's the option "does your business carry an inventory?" I click "no" and nothing changes. I click the trashcan next to Inventory and it takes me to the same page.
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

If you had a beginning balance in inventory from last year, enter zero for ending inventory (you will need to include Inventory this year to clear it for next year).

Otherwise, check the box for inventory, then remove any entries you made for that section.
Then go back and answer no, along with deleting Inventory (trash can).

If the value still remains, you could try deleting the Schedule C Wks. See this post for instructions: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894474">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894474</a>
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies