Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

artnicola

I just finished my taxes I'm seeing this for MASS state tax - what does it mean and what are my next steps? Schedule INC - W-2 and 1099 Infor Schedule - cannot efile

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

I just finished my taxes I'm seeing this for MASS state tax - what does it mean and what are my next steps? Schedule INC - W-2 and 1099 Infor Schedule - cannot efile

Unfortunately, you will need to wait to efile until the MA Department of Revenue releases the final version of this MA state tax form. MA Schedule INC is an employer withholding statement and is needed to efile if you have any MA withholdings from your W-2 or 1099-MISC.

You are getting this message because the forms for MA are not scheduled to become available until a final version is released by the MA department of Revenue on 1/27/2017. (MA will not be accepting state income tax forms until this date.) On this date, you will be able to log back into TurboTax and complete your MA state income tax return.

You will still be able to print and review these forms but they are not ready to file until formally released by the MA Department of Revenue.

See link below for an up-to-the-date list of state form availabilities.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319879

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DS30

Unfortunately, you will need to wait to efile until the MA Department of Revenue releases the final version of this MA state tax form. MA Schedule INC is an employer withholding statement and is needed to efile if you have any MA withholdings from your W-2 or 1099-MISC.

You are getting this message because the forms for MA are not scheduled to become available until a final version is released by the MA department of Revenue on 1/27/2017. (MA will not be accepting state income tax forms until this date.) On this date, you will be able to log back into TurboTax and complete your MA state income tax return.

You will still be able to print and review these forms but they are not ready to file until formally released by the MA Department of Revenue.

See link below for an up-to-the-date list of state form availabilities.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319879

So if there is a print only date for MA residence that are getting the Schedule INC error we will have to print and mail them in or it will become available to us after 1/27/2017?  At first it was made to sound like they would be available after the 27th but the bottom shows print only date.  I never had this problem last year...did something change?
DS30

The forms are scheduled to become available 1/27/2017. Since the forms have not been finalized by MA Department of Revenue, you will getting this error about the MA Sch INC and you will need to wait until 1/27/2017 to file (efile or file by mail). The MA Sch INC is an information form related to MA state income withholdings.

Thanks for posting -- this was driving me bananas!

MemeC

Same this year - 2021 for the 2020 tax year.  You can sign up for an alert so you know when they're ready to process efile.

MemeC:

Why are we seeing the answer to when this question was asked in 2017?! LOL

When you say "Same this year - 2021 for the 2020 tax year.", you aren't seeing a date anywhere, are you? Like with the other forms it says 1/28/2021, but with that Schedule INC W-2 and 1099 it just says "cannot e-file".

I wonder what info could possibly be on that form though that isn't ready, because I completely filled out my taxes, but got that error when I was going to actually file them?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Schedule INC contains a 2D bar code that has to be tested, among other things. TurboTax must ensure that printed data and encoded data in the 2-D barcode are an exact match.   Plus, any updates to data have to be reflected in the 2D barcode prior to a return being printed. [This becomes especially important when a return is updated after its initial creation.]

For current information on forms availability please click on the applicable link below:

@phishsummer2014

So is there any timeline as to when that form will be available, so I can e-file? Nothing has changed in regards to my tax situation since my wife & I got married almost 6 years ago, except increases in wages. I read that Turbotax doesn't support that form and I might have to mail my returns in? I've been e-filing with Turbotax for about 10 years, and I've never needed this form before or gotten that error before. So why now?

Last night was 1/27 and that's when I got that error. I checked again this morning and it still said that and said that form might not be supported. I'll try again later.

xoxo131
Returning Member

I just got the same message today. Did it happen to work for you yet? Or did you end up filing by mail?

MemeC

If it says your AGI is incorrect they say to put "0" instead.  Doing that, the IRS accepted.  However, the state is still pending.  May be the State schedule noted earlier is still not approved.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies