turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wyomin17

I ,indian, registered LLC taxed as 'P' last year with US citizen not engage in any business last year. What returns/ filing are needed?How can change LLC 'P'to LLC 'c'?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

I ,indian, registered LLC taxed as 'P' last year with US citizen not engage in any business last year. What returns/ filing are needed?How can change LLC 'P'to LLC 'c'?

The partnership will need to file a -0- Form 1065 if it had no business transactions at all for the filing year.  

In regards to changing your LLC "P" to an LLC "C" this is not something that the Turbo Tax program can process.  However, you may want to take a look at Form 8832 Change of Entity form, but because of the complexity of this issue we recommend that you contact your CPA or attorney to get assistance with this transition. Click here for Change of Entity Form 8832.  Please note that there will likely be additional State Filings required for this type of entity change.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

If you are not a U.S. Citizen or resident alien with a green card, you can not use any version of TurboTax to file your tax return. You will need to seek professional help, as you are required to use IRS Form 1040-NR which TurboTax does not provide or support.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies