Solved: I have not had a business for several years but you keep insisting that I file a schedule C. How can I make it stop?

I have not had a business for several years but you keep insisting that I file a schedule C. How can I make it stop?

How can I stop turbo tax from requiring that I complete a schedule C when it has been several years since I have had the business? My question is NOT about a 1099 misc.

Follow these instructions to delete a business that transferred over from your 2016 return but is no longer owned by you as of January 1, 2017.

1. With your return open, search for this exact phrase: business (schedule c) (include the parentheses) and then select the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  2. Answer Yes when asked if you had (or want to work on) business income and expenses for 2017.
    • That's right – you'll need to answer Yes, even though it doesn't make sense.
    • If you're being forced to upgrade to Home & Business or Self-Employed, contact us for further assistance.
  3. When you get to the Business info or Business Summary screen, select Delete next to the defunct business.
  4. Answer Yes to confirm the removal of all business-related forms.