Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

skoehler

When listing owners of my C-corp, I have a person who was an owner at the beginning of the year but not at the end. Should he be on my list?

On the Summary of Individual or Estate Owners page, is that list as of the beginning of the year or the end of the year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When listing owners of my C-corp, I have a person who was an owner at the beginning of the year but not at the end. Should he be on my list?

"I have a person who was an owner at the beginning of the year but not at the end. Should he be on my list?"

No. The list only pertains to those who own the requisite number of shares at the end of the tax year:

List each individual or estate that owns, at the end of the tax year, directly 20% or more, or owns, directly or indirectly, 50% or more, of the total voting power of all classes of the corporation’s stock entitled to vote. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

"I have a person who was an owner at the beginning of the year but not at the end. Should he be on my list?"

No. The list only pertains to those who own the requisite number of shares at the end of the tax year:

List each individual or estate that owns, at the end of the tax year, directly 20% or more, or owns, directly or indirectly, 50% or more, of the total voting power of all classes of the corporation’s stock entitled to vote. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies