cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

When listing owners of my C-corp, I have a person who was an owner at the beginning of the year but not at the end. Should he be on my list?

On the Summary of Individual or Estate Owners page, is that list as of the beginning of the year or the end of the year?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 20

When listing owners of my C-corp, I have a person who was an owner at the beginning of the year but not at the end. Should he be on my list?

"I have a person who was an owner at the beginning of the year but not at the end. Should he be on my list?"

No. The list only pertains to those who own the requisite number of shares at the end of the tax year:

List each individual or estate that owns, at the end of the tax year, directly 20% or more, or owns, directly or indirectly, 50% or more, of the total voting power of all classes of the corporation’s stock entitled to vote. 

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 20

"I have a person who was an owner at the beginning of the year but not at the end. Should he be on my list?"

No. The list only pertains to those who own the requisite number of shares at the end of the tax year:

List each individual or estate that owns, at the end of the tax year, directly 20% or more, or owns, directly or indirectly, 50% or more, of the total voting power of all classes of the corporation’s stock entitled to vote.