xecksx

I filed our business return for our llc with the maiden name of one of our partners on their K1 instead of their married name. Is an amended return needed?

I e-filed our business return with the maiden name instead of the married name of one of the partners on their schedule K1.

Do I need to file an amended return or can I just amend the K1 or is it fine the way it was filed?

MichaelL1

No it will be OK as IRS will go by the EIN on the K-1 and the individuals SSN in the matching program,

Do however correct it for future years.

No amended return is required and the person with the K-1 can file a Form 1040 with no issue and report the K-1. 

MichaelL1

Do however correct it for future years.