turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xecksx

I filed our business return for our llc with the maiden name of one of our partners on their K1 instead of their married name. Is an amended return needed?

I e-filed our business return with the maiden name instead of the married name of one of the partners on their schedule K1.

Do I need to file an amended return or can I just amend the K1 or is it fine the way it was filed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed our business return for our llc with the maiden name of one of our partners on their K1 instead of their married name. Is an amended return needed?

No it will be OK as IRS will go by the EIN on the K-1 and the individuals SSN in the matching program,

Do however correct it for future years.

No amended return is required and the person with the K-1 can file a Form 1040 with no issue and report the K-1. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No it will be OK as IRS will go by the EIN on the K-1 and the individuals SSN in the matching program,

Do however correct it for future years.

No amended return is required and the person with the K-1 can file a Form 1040 with no issue and report the K-1. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies