Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joe4

I added my wife to my llc. how do i prepare her schedule c in comparison to mine? Do I split all profits and expenses equally and enter both the same way?

We are equal 50-50 ownership. I am assuming I have to divide all income and expenses and enter them into each sched. C.? I started going through TT and it started increasing my tax liability for EXPENSES that I am entering. I am not sure why.?.?.?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I added my wife to my llc. how do i prepare her schedule c in comparison to mine? Do I split all profits and expenses equally and enter both the same way?

Because Pennsylvania is not a Community Property State, you must file a Partnership return, rather than two Schedule Cs.  That is a completely separate tax return, and you will each receive a K-1 from the Partnership to enter into your personal tax return.

Although TurboTax "Business" (not "Home & Business") can do a Partnership return, I would recommend a tax professional for at least the first year.

https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf

View solution in original post

3 Replies

What State do you live in?
joe4

Pa

Because Pennsylvania is not a Community Property State, you must file a Partnership return, rather than two Schedule Cs.  That is a completely separate tax return, and you will each receive a K-1 from the Partnership to enter into your personal tax return.

Although TurboTax "Business" (not "Home & Business") can do a Partnership return, I would recommend a tax professional for at least the first year.

https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies