Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Edit box 8a in form 7203

My business gave me Form 7203 for Schedule K-1. The copy of Form 7203 that I received has a value in box 8a Nondeductible Expenses. However, I am unable to enter this value in Form 7203 in TurboTax. Please advise.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
carolineb
Employee Tax Expert

Edit box 8a in form 7203

Hi @gglockner

Entries in the K-1 section of TurboTax can indeed be tricky. In this case, when the system opens the 7203 form on your screen, rather than scrolling all the way down to Part I Shareholder Stock Basis line 8a, stop at the Stock and Debt Basis Limitations Smart Worksheet section just under the QuickZoom to the K-1S Worksheet. You can enter the non deductible expenses in field B Non deductible expenses under Current Year Amount and it will flow to Part I line 8a. 

If this post answers your question, please give it a thumbs up! Thanks for reaching out! 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
icalvo
Employee Tax Expert

Edit box 8a in form 7203

Hello,

Your question is best answered on your Turbo Tax online account  by requesting to chat or speak with a Live Turbo Tax expert.  

Here is a link on how to connect to an expert. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-setup/connect-tax-expert-turbota...

Today we are discussing Self-Employment Estimated taxes. 

carolineb
Employee Tax Expert

Edit box 8a in form 7203

Hi @gglockner

Entries in the K-1 section of TurboTax can indeed be tricky. In this case, when the system opens the 7203 form on your screen, rather than scrolling all the way down to Part I Shareholder Stock Basis line 8a, stop at the Stock and Debt Basis Limitations Smart Worksheet section just under the QuickZoom to the K-1S Worksheet. You can enter the non deductible expenses in field B Non deductible expenses under Current Year Amount and it will flow to Part I line 8a. 

If this post answers your question, please give it a thumbs up! Thanks for reaching out! 

Edit box 8a in form 7203

Thanks to @icalvo for the pointers:

• Yes, I now realize that I posted in the wrong discussion section, but I found no way to correct this myself
  • I incorrectly thought that the Community Discussions was the only way to answer questions since that's where I found answers in the past - thanks for the pointer to technical support

And of course thanks to @carolineb for the quick and correct answer despite my newbie posting mistake.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies