Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dcdor900

How to enter Mileage from one Job in two Different Cities/Offices to a Second (Main) Job in a Third City

I am sorry that I was not clear.  There is no home office.  Jobs 1 and 2 take place in public school buildings, with offices specifically set aside for speech language pathology (SLP).  My spouse is employed by an agency to provide SLP services to two public schools.  She travelled from our apartment directly to these schools in two different cities (Monday and Tuesday for one school/city, Wednesday and Thursday for the other school/city)  She then travelled from one of those public schools to Job A (her main job as a university professor on on a university campus in a third city).  From Job A, she finished her days by going back to our apartment. 

I need to know where and how to enter this information in TurboTax, including how to allocate commuting miles between her two occupations (which miles should go with which job?).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

How to enter Mileage from one Job in two Different Cities/Offices to a Second (Main) Job in a Third City

Is your spouse a W-2 employee or is she an independent contractor?   If  she is a W-2 employee of the school district  or of the agency then she cannot deduct anything on a federal return for travel between schools or in fact, any other job-related expenses.   Job-related expenses were eliminated as a federal deduction beginning with 2018 returns.  If she is working with students in K-12 she can use the educator deduction.

Job-related expenses were eliminated as a federal deduction for W-2 employees by the tax laws that changed for 2018 and beyond.  Your state tax laws might be different in AL, AR, CA, HI, MN, NY or PA.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...

Go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Employment Expenses>Teacher (Educator) Expenses

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies