turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file my llc business with my husband in va and a personal return for his w2. Do I do business and personal and which one first

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I file my llc business with my husband in va and a personal return for his w2. Do I do business and personal and which one first

"Do I do business and personal and which one first"

You would do the business return (Form 1065) for the LLC first and then the personal income tax return. You will need to enter information from the K-1 (generated from the Form 1065) in the personal return.

Note that you need TurboTax Business to prepare a Form 1065 and related K-1(s), which must be installed and run in a Windows environment; the program is not available as an Online version and does not run natively on a Mac.

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

For your personal income tax return, you will need TurboTax Premier (or Self-Employed) if you plan to use an Online version of TurboTax or any desktop (CD/Download) version of TurboTax.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

"Do I do business and personal and which one first"

You would do the business return (Form 1065) for the LLC first and then the personal income tax return. You will need to enter information from the K-1 (generated from the Form 1065) in the personal return.

Note that you need TurboTax Business to prepare a Form 1065 and related K-1(s), which must be installed and run in a Windows environment; the program is not available as an Online version and does not run natively on a Mac.

See https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

For your personal income tax return, you will need TurboTax Premier (or Self-Employed) if you plan to use an Online version of TurboTax or any desktop (CD/Download) version of TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies