Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file a k-1 from my partnership?

I'm filing my partnership taxes for the first time, I used Turbo Tax Business to file my 1065 for the partnership, and now I have the k-1 that TurboTax produced. What do I do with that?

What form do I use to pay my personal taxes with the k-1 information?

Which version of TurboTax do I use to file it? I'm really hoping I can use a cheaper version, I've already spent around $300 just to file my business taxes because I also had to buy two state returns. My business isn't that profitable yet so it's hard to spend that much just to file a tiny amount of income.

Thanks anyone who can help!!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

You can use TurboTax Online Premier or TurboTax CD\Download Deluxe and higher versions to enter your K-1 on your personal income tax return, Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return

To enter your K-1 in TurboTax online:

1. Sign in and open your return by selecting Pick up where you left off under a section.
  2. Search for K-1 and select the Jump to link at the top of the search results.
  3. This will take you to the Schedules K-1 or Q screen.
  4. Answer Yes and follow the prompts. You may be prompted to upgrade to Premier, if you're not already using it.
  5. We’ll ask some questions about your K-1, and then you’ll enter the data from the form.

To enter your K-1 in TurboTax CD\Download:

1. In your TurboTax program, search for K-1 and select the Jump to link in the search results.
    • In Mac: Select the Federal Taxes tab, then Wages & Income. On the Income Summary screen, scroll down to Schedules K-1, Q and select Start.
  2. This will take you to the Schedule K-1 and Schedule Q screen.
  3. Answer Yes and follow the prompts.
  4. We’ll ask some questions about your K-1, and then you’ll enter the data from the form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Awesome, thank you. Should I not have my business income under "self employed income" if I'm already taking the income into account under the K-1 section?

Right.  Only enter the K-1.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies