black

How do I delete a "free file" form and start in "self-employed"?

I am stuck in "Free File" which refuses to file my taxes.  When I "Clear and Start Over" it can't be upgraded to "Self-Employed".  Even when I click "Self Employed" from the Intuit page, it still sticks me in "Free File".  I can't seem to get out of it.  Any advice?

If you started on the IRS free file site then You must start with a new account in the paid version of TT. Do not log in with your current userID to escape the loop you are in .

chrissnyder2337

I am suffering from this too.. So I have to create a whole new account? And loose all data from this and prior years?

@chrissnyder2337 wrote:

Processes have changed.  Use the same User ID and Password you used on the Free File Program when signing onto one of the 2019 TurboTax online editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Good ... so I was not imagining it ... I see the FAQ now supports this information. 😎