turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

How do I change partnership revenue from passive to nonpassive?

Line L from my K-1 should show as income on line 17 of my 1040.  It didn't this time. How do I change?
1 Reply
Expert Alumni

How do I change partnership revenue from passive to nonpassive?

To indicate active participation in an investment that sends you Schedule K-1, return to that area of TurboTax and review your entries.

The easiest way to find this section of TurboTax is to search on "schedule k-1" and click on "jump to schedule k-1" to go directly to the start of this section.

Click Edit/Update beside the type of K-1 you need to work on, then click Edit beside the company you wish to review.

Follow the prompts to the page "Did You Participate?" If you answer "yes" to Material Participation, the income from Schedule K-1 will be treated as non-passive income.

Income from Schedule E (rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, etc.) are reported on Form 1040 Line 17.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies