budman7

How do I avoid turbo tax asking me for schedule K-1 estate or trust id number when I haven't filed a K-1 as a former business owner, since 2014?

Try deleting it this way.  Go to the K-1 interview section here
Federal
Wages and Income
Then scroll way down to Business Items
Schedules K-1, Q - Click the Start or Update button

If the first screen says "Do you want to review Schedule K-1?". You have to answer yes and then click Update by  the Schedule K-1 type (LLC, S corp, trust). The next screen is the Summary screen listing all of the K-1 entered for that type of entity.  You can review, edit or delete it there.

Federal
Wages and Income
Then scroll way down to Business Items

budman7

I tried this, great idea by the way, but turbo is making me upgrade my package first; and that would be the only reason I'd need to upgrade.  I could do that but it seems like a gimmick!  Thanks for your suggestion.