Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi, I need to file multiple federal returns. I need to file my taxes, my partner's taxes and my partnership LLC's taxes. How do I file multiple returns with TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Hi, I need to file multiple federal returns. I need to file my taxes, my partner's taxes and my partnership LLC's taxes. How do I file multiple returns with TurboTax?

Let's start with the partnership tax return.  You need to file a Form 1065.  In order to file a Form 1065 using TurboTax, you have to use TurboTax Business.  This is a Windows based software that you either download or install from a DVD.  For more information see:  TurboTax Business

To file your personal tax return and you partner's tax return, you can use either TurboTax Online or TurboTax Desktop.  If you use the Online version, you will have to have two separate accounts.  You can only create one return per year, per account.  If you use the Desktop program, you can create as many tax returns as you would like.  The cost of the program includes five federal e-files, and one state return (there is an additional fee to e-file the state).  If you use TurboTax Business, you may want to use the Desktop version for personal returns, as they have a very similar "feel".  They are different programs but work much the same way.  For more information, see the following:

TurboTax Online Products Comparison

TurboTax Desktop Products Comparison

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

You'll want to purchase TurboTax Desktop (CD/Download).  With that program, you can prepare unlimited federal returns (e-file up to 5).  You can also prepare and a single-member LLC return.  For those returns, you'll use TurboTax Home & Business.

If your LLC has more than one member, you'll use TurboTax Business to prepare that return.  I'm linking you to each product below.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/home-and-business.jsp

https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies