luisfirerise

Hey there I'm a company driver for a trucking company named Prime. What category does my Dash cam for example falls into, is it an "Asset"?

Things I'm trying to list as well, my flatbed equipment (chains, binders, straps, tarps etc), igloo iceless cooler, misc trucking related equipment i.e. kingpin lock, glad hand lock, and also personal related expenses i.e. work clothing, tooth brush / tooth paste, unlimited verizon hotspot.

Thank you for all the replies if any of those come about.
AmyT

The IRS will now allow you to deduct long-lived items (assets) as an equipment expense if they cost $2,500 or less (per item).

If any of your pruchases cost more that $2,500 and are items that last several years without needing to be replaced, they are considered fixed assets and are subject to depreciation.

"Personal" items that are necessary to your business are deductible.