Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

djs177

Help With Business Mileage Deductions

I own a small construction/remodeling company. I have a few questions regarding business mileage deductions. I’ll just provide a few examples of scenarios that are confusing me a bit.

a. Traveling from home to grocery store for personal reasons (not deductible)

b. Traveling from grocery store to a supply house for business reasons (would this part of the trip be eligible for deduction?)

c. Traveling from supply house back to home also my business address (deductible)

2. Staying at friend or families home overnight then driving to the site in the morning. ( would this be deductible)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

Help With Business Mileage Deductions

a. Traveling from home to grocery store for personal reasons (not deductible) CORRECT

b. Traveling from grocery store to a supply house for business reasons (would this part of the trip be eligible for deduction?) YES, that part would be deductible

c. Traveling from supply house back to home also my business address (deductible) Yes that would be deductible

2. Staying at friend or families home overnight then driving to the site in the morning. ( would this be deductible)The miles driven to the site would be deductible. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies