Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cjefferyw

Error message said, "Capital Gain Wks: Part IV, line 4a should be entered." I didn't see a line 4a on the 1099-S. Where do I find the information?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Error message said, "Capital Gain Wks: Part IV, line 4a should be entered." I didn't see a line 4a on the 1099-S. Where do I find the information?

This message (which I assume you see in the Federal Review) is referring to the Capital Gain Worksheet, which is one of the worksheets created by TurboTax for your return. As an Online user, you cannot see these worksheets (of which there are many) until you pay for the product, or buy the desktop version of the product.

However, I looked at Part IV, line 4a on a test return, and this message appears to be referring to the date you purchased your property. You apparently did not enter it in the interview.

Please go back to the interview where you entered the sale, and review your answers (especially the date of purchase).

View solution in original post

3 Replies

This message (which I assume you see in the Federal Review) is referring to the Capital Gain Worksheet, which is one of the worksheets created by TurboTax for your return. As an Online user, you cannot see these worksheets (of which there are many) until you pay for the product, or buy the desktop version of the product.

However, I looked at Part IV, line 4a on a test return, and this message appears to be referring to the date you purchased your property. You apparently did not enter it in the interview.

Please go back to the interview where you entered the sale, and review your answers (especially the date of purchase).
avmag
Returning Member

Part A line 4a refers to pensions & annuities & IRAs

This is a new forum layout. Some posts that have June 2019 dates are really older posts from the old forum that got moved over. So they might be for prior years and not current info. When they migrated over the dates got changed to June 2019. And the screen shots got deleted. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies