turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kissfro

If I'm paying myself a salary in an S-Corp, do I need to enter value for "Payroll Taxes"?

I am a 1 person LLC that files as an S-Corp and pays hisself a salary of $30,000. I submit 941 every quarter with a $7500 wage and $1768.35 withheld. My question is, in TurboTax Business, in Federal Taxes -> Deductions -> Any Payroll Taxes, what would I enter for this value??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

If I'm paying myself a salary in an S-Corp, do I need to enter value for "Payroll Taxes"?

Yes, payroll taxes paid by an S-Corporation are business deductions and should be reported on Form 1120-S Tax Return for an S Corporation.

Under "Any Payroll Taxes," enter the actual tax withheld from wages and paid to the IRS for the year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

8 Replies
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, payroll taxes paid by an S-Corporation are business deductions and should be reported on Form 1120-S Tax Return for an S Corporation.

Under "Any Payroll Taxes," enter the actual tax withheld from wages and paid to the IRS for the year.

kissfro

Thank you.

Does this include the portion withheld for the employees taxes?
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

This would include the employer portion of all payroll taxes. The employee portion is not an expense to the company.
kissfro

I'm still confused as to what I'd enter on my 1120S. The above $1768.35 is just for one employee -- myself. So would I enter half of that? (($1768.35 * 4) / 2) for the year?
kissfro

To correct that, I'm guessing it would be medicare and social security tax paid of the $1768.35 which would be $1147.50, then divide that by 2, and multiply by 4?
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

Enter the total employer portion (SSI & MediCare) for the year. If the number you quoted is quarterly, then you need the total for the year (what you actually paid on Form 940).
kissfro

Thank you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies