Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does it matter if I didn't file as a S-corp with a K1, but the people in the past that did my taxes did. I did not see the option for it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Does it matter if I didn't file as a S-corp with a K1, but the people in the past that did my taxes did. I did not see the option for it

If you have a business that is an S-Corp you need to file a form 1120S for the business that will include a form K-1 that you must include on your individual return. 

The 1120S is a business product found here.  

If you have already filed your individual return without the K-1 you will need to amend to include the K-1 after filing for the business. 

If you do not file for the business, penalties for failure to file will likely accrue.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks!  I bought Turbo Tax Premier based on recommendations.  Can I import the return I filed with that program into the Turbo Tax Business program?

Thanks! I bought Turbo Tax Premier based on recommendations. Can I import the return I filed with that program into the Turbo Tax Business program?

No, you can't import personal tax return into TurboTax Business. 

Thanks.  Can I export the forms from TT Business and add/import into my amended tax returns on Turbo Tax Premium?   And/or is there Turbo Tax Return program that has everything I need (i.e. S corp (1120s/K1) LLC , Rental Company LLC, Retiree and a Self Employed forms).

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You can't export forms prepared in TurboTax Business to TurboTax Premier. However, the only thing you need to enter on your personal tax return from your corporate return 1120-S is the K-1 schedule, which is a one page form that is easily entered manually.

Yon can only prepare a corporate, partnership or trust tax return using the TurboTax Business software. Your personal and sole-proprietorship returns must be prepared using the individual and Self-Employed (Home and Business) TurboTax products.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies