turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hsm_01

Do I have to file as a business if all I did was register for a LLC in Nov. I did not make any purchases or have any sales or do any business work until the next year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Carl
Level 15

Do I have to file as a business if all I did was register for a LLC in Nov. I did not make any purchases or have any sales or do any business work until the next year?

WHat kind of LLC? Single-member LLC? Multi-member LLC? It matters. But with either if you registered with you state as "active" then generally you're required to file. But it really depends on what state and what status (active or inactive) you registered with.

hsm_01

Single member LLC in AZ. I filed for an LLC in Nov 2017 just to reserve the name but made no business transactions so when I filed state TPT I put 0 because I made no purchases or had any sales. I didn’t even get a business bank account anything until the following year 2018
hsm_01

Single member LLC in AZ. I filed for an LLC in Nov 2017 just to reserve the name but made no business transactions so when I filed state TPT I put 0 because I made no purchases or had any sales. I didn’t even get a business bank account anything until the following year 2018.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies