Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We got a 1099-misc for our S-corp. How do I put it on our schedule K and not a schedule C?

Are we not supposed to get a 1099-misc for money going into an S-corp? Is there a way to do this better next year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

We got a 1099-misc for our S-corp. How do I put it on our schedule K and not a schedule C?

Corporations aren't generally supposed to get 1099-MISC forms.

Either way, the income goes on the 1120S form and Schedule C is not for S Corporations. The total income flows to the K1.

Did you file your 1120S corporate return? If so, you should have simply reported this money as income. The 1099MISC is neither here nor there. You simply ensure that you report the income on your corporate return, and the corporation's net income is then passed through via the K1.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Corporations aren't generally supposed to get 1099-MISC forms.

Either way, the income goes on the 1120S form and Schedule C is not for S Corporations. The total income flows to the K1.

Did you file your 1120S corporate return? If so, you should have simply reported this money as income. The 1099MISC is neither here nor there. You simply ensure that you report the income on your corporate return, and the corporation's net income is then passed through via the K1.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies