Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tj_boom

Became trustee of Simple Trust upon death of former trustee. Is Form 56 Part II(?) used to identify I am a new Trustee? Confused on how to indicate a change in Trustee.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Became trustee of Simple Trust upon death of former trustee. Is Form 56 Part II(?) used to identify I am a new Trustee? Confused on how to indicate a change in Trustee.

"Confused on how to indicate a change in Trustee."

You are providing notice that you are a fiduciary for the trust in Part I of the form and that is actually more than sufficient.

If you want to be overly diligent, you can complete Line 8 of Part II by checking the box and, once again, entering your name and address as you already did in Part I.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

"Confused on how to indicate a change in Trustee."

You are providing notice that you are a fiduciary for the trust in Part I of the form and that is actually more than sufficient.

If you want to be overly diligent, you can complete Line 8 of Part II by checking the box and, once again, entering your name and address as you already did in Part I.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies