turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jben43

Turbo Tax has created a Sch K-1 Wks-S Corporation and insists on review that I enter a name for the S-Corporation. There is none. How do I remove the form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KiaraE

Turbo Tax has created a Sch K-1 Wks-S Corporation and insists on review that I enter a name for the S-Corporation. There is none. How do I remove the form?

This is done so that you do not forget to enter information that you may have already entered in prior years. 

If you think you might have this K-1 in the future, you can just enter "0"s in  any fields the program asks about. It won't affect your return and the information will be saved for next time you get this K-1. Or you can simply delete the K-1 by following the instructions on the link below.

If you are using the CD/Download version enter "K1" in the search box at the top and click Jump to "K-1". Then follow the rest of the instructions on the link below starting with #3. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4801245

[Editied 3.16.2018 at 7:12 PM EST]

View solution in original post

29 Replies
jben43

I am using Turbo Tax Premier from a CD.  I did not find "Take me to my return" on my account.  Is there some other way to get to the K-1 summary screen?
KiaraE

Yes, I have edited my answer below and added a screenshot for you. I hope it will be helpful in resolving your problem.
jben43

OMG.  Still stuck.  I think I will need to start my entire tax form over and avoid any mention of k-1s.  This is really awful.
KiaraE

Did you have a K-1 or S-Corp entry in 2016?
jben43

I had a k-1 for a firn that will be delayed in filing thier 2017 version.. I did not have an s corp k-1
jben43

That was awful typing.  I had a K-1 from a firm that will not deliver 2017 data until September.  I had no entries for a S corp K-1.
KiaraE

Did you try entering all zeros for dollar amounts?
KiaraE

Along with entering the zeros, add the name of the firm as well and this should solve the problem.
jben43

No.  This did not work.  It has not also resulted in a $1015 loss in my refund from California.  I still cannot deltete the damn thing.
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

Could you go to Forms mode, in the upper right corner and look at the list of forms in your return?  Are there multiple forms referencing the K-1?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jben43

There are no forms referencing K-1 in the column headed "Forms in my Return"
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

None on the state return either?
jben43

Yep. CA state shows a K-1  Untitled.  Not done
BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

Can you delete it?  There's a 'delete a form' button at the bottom.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies